Selon le site de la Fondation des Communications Canadiennes:
CJAD-AM, Montreal, CJAD Ltd. (Allan Slaight bought Standard)
J. Arthur Dupont put CJAD on the air December 8, from studios in the Canadian Legion Building at 1119 Mountain Street. The transmitter was located at Ville de Brossard. The station operated on 800 kHz with 1,000 watts of power. The "JAD" in the call letters: J. Arthur Dupont.
J Arthur Dupont opened CJAD-FM to simulcast CJAD-AM.
CJAD increased power to 5,000 watts full-time, DA-1.
On July 16, CJAD increased power to 10,000 watts full-time, DA-1, using four 206 foot towers. The site was located near Grande Ligne Road, Parish of LaPrairie, County of LaPrairie.
Standard Broadcasting (CFRB) purchased CJAD. Studios were moved to the corner of Mountain and St. Catherine Sts.
CJAD Limited (Standard Broadcasting) opened CJFM-FM on October 1. The station operated in stereo on 95.9 MHz with 41,200 watts ERP.
CJAD increased power to 50,000 watts day and 10,000 watts night full-time DA-2, using four 673 foot towers at Parish of St. Edouard, County of Napierville, about 20 miles south of Montreal.
Monty and Conrad Black took control of Ravelston Corp., which controlled Argus Corp., which controlled Standard Broadcasting, from the widows of J.A. MacDougald and W.E. Phillips.
CJAD and CJFM studios were relocated at 1411 Rue du Fort.
On June 22, CJAD began broadcasting in stereo, using the Motorola system.
Slaight Communications (J. Allan Slaight) purchased Standard Broadcasting Corporation Ltd. from Argus Corp. (Conrad & Monty Black). The sale was announced March 29 and approved by the CRTC in November.
Standard Radio Inc. was set up as a division of Standard Broadcasting Corp. to own and operate the company’s radio stations.
CJAD began simulcasting its programming on CKTS-AM Sherbrooke.
CJAD lost all four of its towers in the Ice Storm of '98 in January. Immediate arrangements were made to borrow the La Prairie transmitter site of CFMB, and CJAD began broadcasting on 1410 kHz. CFMB had moved the previous year from 1410 to 1280 kHz, using the former CJMS 1280 transmitter site. The CFMB 1410 site had not yet been dismantled. CJAD didn't stay on 1410 for long as the directional pattern on that frequency missed most of CJAD's Anglophone audience in West Montreal. The next move was to 990 kHz. CJAD made arrangements with CHUM-owned CKGM to use its transmitter and frequency temporarily.
CJAD was given approval to operate a transitional digital radio undertaking. Transmitters would be installed at Place Ville-Mare in Montréal and at Laval. The EUREKA-147 digital audio broadcasting system would be employed. The transmitters would operate on 1454.56 MHz with an effective isotropic radiated power of 1,400 watts at Montréal and 1,594 watts at Laval.
Standard Radio took ownership of CHOM-FM from CHUM Ltd.
Written by Bill Dulmage - August, 2004