L'historique de la station CBV-AM selon le site de la Fondation des Communications Canadiennes:
CBV-FM, Québec City, Canadian Broadcasting Corp.
On September 29, the Canadian Radio Broadcasting Commission opened 1,000 watt CRCK. Programming was in English and French.
In November, The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation was formed, replacing the CRBC. The CBC took over the operation of CRCK and the call sign was changed to CBV in early 1937.
On March 29, CBV moved from 950 to 980 kHz. Power was 1,000 watts.
Studios were located at Palais Montcalm, transmitter at Charlesbourg.
By 1957, CBV 980 had increased power to 5,000 watts (DA-1). The transmitter and two 260 foot towers were located near St. Jean Chrysostome in Levis County.
CBV-FM stereo signed on in.
On October 27, CBV increased power from 5,000 to 50,000 watts (DA-1).
On July 4, CBV was given approval to convert to the FM band, operating on 106.3 MHz with 20,000 watts of effective radiated power.
The Radio-Canada network was renamed "Première Chaîne" on September 1.
CBV 980 moved to the FM dial. With the move, CBV-FM (stereo) became CBVX.
In 2001, CBV-FM operated the following transmitters: CBV-FM-6 La Malbaie, CBV-FM-5 Saint-Fabien-de-Panet, CBV-FM-7 Saint-Georges-de-Beauce, CBV-FM-4 Saint-Pamphile, CBV-FM-1 Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré, and CBV-FM-8 Thetford Mines. CBV-FM broadcasts approximately 46 hours of local programming each week from Québec.
Written by Bill Dulmage - September, 2004